Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
WTP was appointed as project Quantity Surveyor by Queensland Health for the redevelopment of Princess Alexandra Hospital.
The Project provided the hospital with:
- a brand new state of the art Emergency Department (ED)
- a 50 bed Medical Assessment and Planning Unit (MAPU)
- a new rooftop helipad with a “hot” lift straight into ED
- three new Oncology bunkers
- a new PET scanner and CT scanner facility
- the building was future proofed to allow for additional facilities to be built under the ED and for another two floors to be built over ED.
WTP provided a full QS service from Concept Design Stage through to Final Account.
The project was delivered using a two stage tender process with the final GCS negotiated and agreed with the Builder.
WTP carried out a full audit to establish the contractor’s Actual Construction Costs and to calculate the Share of Savings in accordance with the Contract.
Additional areas of work have flowed on following the completion of the original project. WTP was involved in the cost planning, negotiations with the contractor and post contract services for the following facilities:
- the refit of the old ED to provide additional beds, 2No operating theatres, consulting rooms, admin facilities and staff facilities
- the fitout of the floor space built below ED to provide a new Cancer Care facility including day beds and consulting rooms.